Wednesday, February 13, 2008

the one about love



“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever”
Winnie the pooh
***
In our house this day has always been a day of
NO expectation, it’s an open day to celebrate the ones we love and care about…Some years it has been filled with big gifts, like the time I bought a Toyota truck for my husband, to celebrating the day with out spending a penny.
***
I find of all holidays it is Valentine's day that stands out for me, yes Christmas is wonderful, although it has been tweaked over the years it still somewhat remains the same, gifts, tree, decorations, dinner. Whereas February 14th can be anything from grand to minute. We have had Valentine days that were celebrated with fast food after our son's basketball game and others with romantic dinners. One that I remember so well was spent at our favorite restaurant, followed by the movie MOONSTUCK. Now is that romantic or what?
And another spent with paper heart decorations made by my daughter and a family dinner of stew and pink frosted cupcakes.
***

It really doesn't matter how we spend this day as long as we are together and if one of our
family members is not here in body, their know they are here in our heart..
..Happy Valentine's Day..

6 comments:

Wurzerl said...

I wish you a wonderful pink Valentine' s Heart Day! I love the picture!
Have a nice time Wurzerl

Fete et Fleur said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Beautfiul

Hugs! Nancy

...... Kristina ...... said...

Happy Valentines Day!,
Your post is beautifully written and sweetly nostalgic and was lovely to read.
Thank you for sharing.
Love Kristina XxX

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Happy Valentines Day!! Beautiful post...
Penny

Julie Marie said...

You are right. It's not about the candy hearts and flowers. Thanks for reminding me.

Julie

Kelli said...

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Kelli