Saturday, February 2, 2008

Think pink

1. Peep toes, 2. them other maryjanes, 3. pink chucks, 4. ballett, 5. Think Pink!, 6. Tattered dreams., 7. Pink Shoes, 8. Untitled, 9. sweet sissy pink shoes_ii


If you look under my favorite things you will see that I love pink shoes. It has been a very, very long time since I had a pair of candy color shoes. I also love red and green shoes but it's a pair of pink shoes that will still make my heart race a bit and my face gets one of those silly grin.

I remember my first pair of pink shoes I was in junior high school. My family was a practical family and it was black or brown shoes for winter and white for summer , a colored pair would be out grown before they were worn out , thank god for colored flip flops because even my sneakers were white. One hot summer day my mom and I went to an outlet store, a true outlet store not like the ones we have today. This store took over an hour to get to, it was an old factory and still looked the part with large square wooden bins and cement floors . But what wonderful deals could be had, all brands and types of overstock items. In the center aisle were flat large square table tops with short wood planks on the side so that merchandise wouldn't fall to the floor. It was these center tables that one would have to watch because if you saw one empty it meant that soon some new items would be coming out. I was walking by one of these tables when three stock boys wheeled out huge boxes with a line of ladies tailing behind, those boys empty the boxes onto the table and there sat a pile of shoes. Black shoes, tan shoes, green shoes and red, hundreds of pairs of shoes..... instantly a number of ladies started grabbing at them trying to get the best ones.
But I was at the right spot at the right time and saw some tags with my size right in front of me so I picked up an arm load and put them in my cart to go off and try them on, you really didn't have time to pick and choose at the table you had to act fast and grab. Once I was off by myself I picked through my pile and discarded the ones I didn't like or that were the wrong size, I would return these to the table later. Then I saw them, at the bottom of my cart a pair of pink raspberry suede shoes with rosy leather trim. I held them close to me and couldn't believe my luck, gingerly I tried them on, yeah perfect fit. I knew my mother would say yes because they were only a dollar a pair (yes a dollar, I said that this place was a true outlet), and I was older then and my feet weren't growing as fast....also in my pile I found a pair of green granny shoes ( ok I am dating myself here) and a very practical tan dress shoe.
I came home with three pairs of new shoes and a few other items to start school and a sweater that matched the pink shoes perfectly, I loved those pink shoes and I wore them when ever possible until I traded them in for my Indian boots and tie -dye tee’s.



And about doing two collages in a row, I am like a dog once I learn a new trick I do it over and over again....



A pair of french doll boots...
















10 comments:

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

What a great story!!! I love the pink All Stars in your collage!

Hugs,
Penny

Susan Tuttle said...

Pink is such a great color - lovin' this photomontage of shoes - delightful.

Stop by sometime if you get a chance.

Susan

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I wish I could learn the collage trick, I'd them over and over too. Yours are so pretty.

Patty said...

what great shoes !!!! I think it might be time for me to do some pink shoe shopping.

Fete et Fleur said...

Wonderful Story! Pink is the color of dreams I think. It is peaceful and exciting all at the same time!

Hugs! Nancy

Jacki said...

Love all the pink shoes! But then, how could you not love them - they're pink!

Julie Marie said...

I loved this story. I, too, have found treasures for not much money that I have continued to treasure over the years.

Julie

Shabby Cottage Boutique said...

OOOOO! Love them all!

eb said...

I love your pink mosaics - I had a pair of pink high top Converse tennies years ago - loved them - wonder what became of them - maybe a new pair is in my future...

and thanks again for your polar offering - just lovely...

xox - eb.

Charlotte said...

Pink shoes - I love them too. I guess I love almost anything pink. It's my all time favorite color.