Monday, June 16, 2008

Yellow the color of Hope


I adore pink, I adore aqua and find red to be enchanting. But the color that has been a long time friend the color that speaks to my heart is the color of golden yellow…
When I first started my blog one of the first things I posted about was my collection of yellow, cream and butterscotch button that I store and display in an old cream pitcher. This is one of my favorite vignettes in my home.



(picture from the net)
It is a sunflower that makes me smile and an antique yellow
Ware bowl that will make me run to its owner booth at the local flea market.








As I was looking for decorating idea for the cottage I plan to own someday, I came upon Morris and co. fabric and wallpaper and knew instantly that this is where I could live, this is what I could live with…





Another picture for my someday cottage portfolio.. Picture form
Cottage Living..



I would love this too, desk from Maine Cottage.







some yellow gold in my home..


My chandelier is a hand made copy of an antique French bell chandelier ..





some yellow shopping:




Yellow Roses indicate joy, gladness, friendship and "I Care"

I just love the ribbon work from here:
http://www.meadowstreet.com/


This song was also one of my favorite songs as a teenager...

I will also be catching up with everyone, I hurt my arm and find it hard to be on the

computer for more than 5 min. at a time...that mouse is killing me....




16 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

I so agree with you. I love pale golden yellow. So many pretty eye candy pictures. Clarice

bluemuf said...

Louise, beautiful yellow/gold loveliness. I love how you have put the buttons in the vintage milk pitcher. And, the yellow ribbon rose is exquisite.

I hope your arm heals soon.

Hugs Karen

Charlotte said...

Love all this yellow stuff. Yellow has never been one of my favorite colors but I'm liking it more and more. One of my favorite tops now is yellow. Pink pink pink. That's my color.
About those old classic cars. Who knew they would one day be so in demand and expensive.
Hugs,
Charlotte

SweetAnnee said...

I love Meadow Streets roses
and all your sunflower yellow
things make me smile!!

Smiles, Deena

LOVE that desk

fated follies studio said...

i love yellow too and i checked out meadow street. everything there is gorgeous!

jenny

Lori said...

i have never been that fond of yellow...truth be told...i do have a small yellow ware collection though...BUT, your post to yellow has me thinking about it differently...it really is a happy color!!!

Fete et Fleur said...

This pale golden yellow post is simply beautiful. I LOVE IT!

Hugs!
Nancy

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Louise,
I hope your arm feels better soon!

I love yellow too! As you can see from my dining room post. Most of the walls in my house are yellow. I love the pictures you have shown in this post....
Hugs,
Penny

Meadow Street said...

Love the pictures of your home, I have yellow in my kitchen. Thank you for your kind words about my work.

Erica

Katherines Dream said...

I do love this colour too....the Warebowl is gorgeous...I want one!
Carol

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I love your song choice with this posting!

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Love all the photos, I think I could live there too! The yellow ribbon rose is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Hugs***Renea

Natasha Burns said...

Hi Louise,
Oh I do hope your arm gets better soon. I used to love yellow so much but after being surrounded by it on the walls I got tired of it, but I do love the way you have shown it as accents! That white wall with yellow pieces, who would have thought white with yellow could look so good?! (well, you would have!!!). It's such a happy colour isn't it. I love yellow dresses in Summer. I think you would love my yellow prom gown that I will post about one day soon....

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

I love your "Yellow" post. Love the rose. I too love the yellow ware....

Have a great day,
Kitty

...... Kristina ...... said...

Hi Louise,
So sorry to hear about your arm,i hope its nothing really serious and that it heals soon,i am sending you a get well hug x.
This post is just delicious...i love your posts they are so well thought out and tempting, you make me want to run out and find something similar for my own home,the song is great too!
Love Kristina XxX

Julie said...

I love your pictures, but especially the one with the button collection.

My mother-in-law had a beautiful golden living room. I just loved to be in it. Then she changed it for plain old beige (which she pronounced bayj.