Monday, May 4, 2009

May......

May marches on, this weekend we went to see my granddaughter Emmalyn dance in

“Mary Poppins -in motion-”.
The studio’s owner danced many years with
the Pilobolus Dance Theater. This influence could be seen throughout the production.
My granddaughters’ dance opened with the class sitting on a bench in the dark, the only things visible were the glow in the dark shoes, hats and gloves. The glow in the dark
movement was wonderful to watch….lights came on and the girls finished their dance.

A video of the Pilobolus Dance Theater..



The weekend before we went to see Emmalyn sing with her Junior Chorus...
In "Broadway and Beyond".
I could not believe the sound that came from these six girls ranging in age from 8 to 12.
Emmalyn had a solo part in the song "Shenandoah" (grandmother's brag moment)

she was wonderful...a piece was written for her by Phil Hall http://www.drjekyllandmrhyde.com/staff.html.

An 1832 cello accompanied Emmalyn’s voice.
My granddaughter is only nine; her performance brought me to tears....



My daughter Allie had a wonderful birthday weekend.
She went to NYC to spend time with friends.


Bryant Park riding the carousel, Allie is on the right.



I love this frog.....



An after dinner sundae at serendipity.
It took ten to finish this....
she got home Sunday in time for a birthday family dinner of
Halibut with Balsamic Glaze
and a birthday Strawberry shortcake.

My Allie loves her birthday, when she turned 21 she celebrated for a month.. and I am not kidding...

.....Happy Birthday Allie.....

15 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a rich, beautiful post!
I've never seen that dance company perform. I loved that video! I bet Mary Poppins on the move was very cool!
And singing and b-day celebrations, a frog carousel and ice cream too? Love it, love it!
Such happiness!

Fete et Fleur said...

WOW! Congratulations Louise. I would have loved to hear her performance. You have every right to brag. Emmalyn must have a phenomenal voice. The video of the Dance Theater was amazing! Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

Hugs!
Nancy

bluemuf said...

Hi Louise, loved the post. Isn't it fun being a grandmother and mother. Your granddaughter sounds very talented. Happy Birthday to your daughter and I can't get over that huge sundae.

Hugs karen

Betzie said...

What a talented granddaughter! The video was amazing...and I love that frog ride too.
Great post! Happy B-day to your daughter!

adrienne said...

You have some delightful things going on this month! What a talented granddaughter you have.
And Happy Birthday to your daughter - I agree that birthday celebrations should be all month long!

...... Kristina ...... said...

Hi Louise,
Isn't proud one of the most wonderful feelings? its like being sad and tearful and in love at the same time.
A very happy birthday to your daughter and what a wonderful time she must have had.
Did anyone kiss the frog?
Love Kristina XxX

rochambeau said...

Happy Birthday Allie!
And a big WOW to Emmalyn having the talent and chance to perform with a person who danced with the Pilobolus Dance trope. Thank you for the intro. Louise, that was spectacular!

Have a wonderful day!


xox
Constance

Lynn said...

Louise, this post made me so happy! Everything sounds absolutely wonderful!

That video was amazing. Michaela and I just watched it together and we could not believe how perfectly timed the movements were. Wow.

Lynn

Lea said...

Hello Louise, great to join you on this May adventure. I love that video of the Pilobolus Dance Theater and how fun for your granddaughter to have a dance teacher with that experience! That song she sang is one of my favorites! Celebrating as long as possible is the best! Thanks for stopping by on this haiku day!

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

I'm sure you had a wonderful time and I bet your Granddaughter was so excited b/c you were there. So glad you had a good Mother's day too! Hugs***Renea

LiLi M. said...

This is such a great and entertaining post Louise! I love the clip of the Pilobolus Dance Theater, I have never seen anything quite like this. Too bad there wasn't a clip of your granddaughters dance too, but I can imagine how wonderful it was. You are right to be proud. Singing, dancing and making life a party require talents. I'm not surprised though, they all must look after you!
Have a great day, try to make every day a party!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Allie! That would have been a wonderful performance to attend.

char72 said...

No wonder you are so proud of your family. I enjoyed your post. I just realized it had been a long time since I had visited you and decided this would be the day.
Charlotte

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

What an amazing dance company! And how proud you must be of your grand daughter!

Nadine said...

Thank you for coming by to visit my blog and for entering my giveaway!