Friday, September 25, 2009

A little time as Pooh


One of my favorite videos that I used to watch with my kids was Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.
Winnie the Pooh
This morning while tending to my outside livestock I felt a wee bit like dear old Pooh.
This beautiful autumn morning greeted me with sun and swift moving air.
As the air moved faster, the leaves fell from the trees twirling and dancing like snow in a January blizzard… My tiny brown donkeys ran as fast as they could to taste the treats that fall to the ground only one time a year. As I was finishing up my work I heard a sound like falling hail and turned my head in time to be plummeted by a large amount of hickory nuts that the wind had picked from the near by tree.
Eeyore
Ouch, I said as I move out of the way. I then stopped to look and listen to the sights and sounds that only autumn can bring.
My little Eeyore friends were busy with their fresh fallen leaves. Nuts were plopping on the ground for the squirrel
to gather later today. The air became thick with the tinted autumn leaves, the sound was dry and rustling, it was a true New England song. A moment of content filled my heart; how lucky am I.

As I walked down my hilly lawn, the air was filled with maple leaves that were just set free from huge antique trees.
I couldn’t help but smile and just as my lips turned up to the biggest smile of all
I began to shed some tears. I wish my little Piglets were home so we could share that story once more.


Winnie the Pooh

9 comments:

Coastal Sisters said...

LuLu~
Thank you so much for visiting my Blog and putting my Blog Button on your sidebar. You are so kind!

I just love your Blog and will be following you too :)

Winnie the Pooh was my favorite...when it's very windy out, I always say to myself "it's a Winnie the Pooh day"....

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Gerushia's New World said...

What a fabulous and dreamy blog post. I adore the image of little running donkeys. Your property sounds beautiful.

I found your blog from Vanessa's (A Fanciful Twist). I'm going to link you on my blog, if you don't mind, so I can come back often.

Kim
Gerushia's New World
(Formerly Garden Painter Art

Debi said...

Hi LuLu,
What a beautiful post! My son's favorite was Winnie the Pooh. I am an emmpty nestor at the moment, so your post was a sweet reminder of the wonderful times he and I spent reading together. He is off to college now, but thanks to your post, I am going to find my old Winnie the Pooh books!
Be back soon!
Hugs,
Debi

LiLi M. said...

Ooh Louise what a beautiful post! I feel just like you when I think of 'waaibomendag' the dutch translation of blustery day. My son was such a huge Winnie the Pooh fan. He was the child that could dream away and we said to each other: He's gone to the 100 'bunder' forest, I don't know the correct English name for the woods where Winnie and his friends live.
Though my kids are still at home, I can feel very melancholic, because time with kids goes sooo fast. To an adult 5 years is nothing, but for a kid it's all about being a Winnie the Pooh fan or Winnie the Pooh being far too childish and doing lots of other things. All ages have their beautiful sides, but it just goes way too fast! I can so imagine that you want to share these things with your Piglets rightaway!
Have a great weekend!

Betzie said...

Louise,
Such a sweet post. I can so relate and was just thinking today about how much more fun the holidays and seasons are when you can share them with your little ones. My decorating for fall and Halloween is less exciting now...and I feel less motivated to put much out!
Just have to wait for the grandkids I guess!
hugs,betzie

Dr. Denise Tucker said...

Hi. Wandered over into your blog tonight. I ADORE your banner with Marie A. Just lovely!!!!

Found your blog on the 2009 One World One Heart Giveaway list. I'm "Bon Blogging", a self-guided search through the OWOH list of 911 blogs in 90 days--inspired by watching the Julia/Julie movie. Come visit my blog
www.thehousemysteries.typepad.com.
I write mysteries and make jewelry.
My mystery features a Madame President and is available on Amazon.

adrienne said...

I just love Winnie the Pooh. The House at Pooh Corner is still my favorite, even though the end when Christopher Robin goes off to school makes me sad. My own little 'piglets' are becoming so independent so fast...but then that's what we want them to be!

I enjoyed the beautiful images of fall - I hope it cools down here soon.

rochambeau said...

Hi Louise,
Such a nice account of your Autumn!

The things you speak of, about your piglets. That feeling I will never know. Yet, if I were a mother I fear I mmight be crying all the time, as I shed tear quite easily. So.....my heart goes out to you.

Thankfully you are a strong woman Louise, you have your art, you own life. It is all good.

xox
Constance

bluemuf said...

Louise, what a beautiful,visual post. I felt I was with you.

Thank you
Hugs Karen