Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Fashion Patisserie Party

The Invitation...

The Party...

Last Saturday we celebrated my granddaughter turning ten with a funfabulous fashion patisserie party.
Sixteen of Emmalyn’s friends and classmates came to an evening of music, food and crafts. The party theme was Fashion Patisserie inspired by these digikit-fashion-patisserie-labels, party colors were lime green, orange, pink, and turquoise blue.

PhotobucketThe party table was set in lime green, Emmalyn’s favorite color. Instead of name cards, paper Hermes Kelly purses were placed at each seat; I found them on the Hermes website during the summer. Inside the purses, I tucked beaded bracelets and flip-flop rings.

Green paper lanterns hung over the table as well as large green and blue flower fans.

(The purses are no longer on the site but if you would like one I can email a PDF to you...)

Photobucket

The crafts...

(colors of paris cowgirl bags)
After pizza and the opening of birthday gifts, we made fashion crafts.
We had two tables with different accessories to make.
Table 1 had Paris Cowgirl bags, I was so busy I did not have time to snap a picture of these, they came out so cute.
The bags were made from orange, hot pink, turquoise blue and lime green bandanas.
We used two colors of bandanas for each bag.
Directions here ...



Tags I made for the bags


I printed out tags with the girls names on them so that the bags wouldn't get mixed up...
The dyed in coffee and vanilla tags came from magic moonlight studio. The girls had fun smelling these tags... they were a big hit..... guessing what the tags were dyed in became a game ......
***
On Table 2, we had Feather Head Piece, the girls loved doing this craft, we showed them this you tube video first.
All the guests looked so cute with these feathered barrettes in their hair. They decided to wear them to school on Monday. Every girl in the fifth grade of this school looked like they spent the weekend in Paris.

The Patisserie...

Photobucket

My daughter Willow, Emmalyn’s mom made all of the bake goods,flower cookers, brownies, cake pops and birthday cake. Look at that cake it was just beautiful and tasted so good …
Willow spent many late nights baking, because
she returned to teaching this year after being a stay at home mom. In fact, half of the party guests are in her class. I was told I could not spy and asked her students questions about her as a teacher. I had to laugh because I did have a plan and I did try but got caught… teachers do have an extra pair of ears and eyes in back of their heads…even when it comes to their moms....


Photobucket


Photobucket


At the end of the party, each girl was giving a pink bakery box to fill up with all the yummy goodies from the patisserie table …Bakery boxes are from the Country Kitchen and the Blue Raspberry rock candy I found at oh! nuts.

Photobucket
This party took months to plan and put together…

The pictures do not do this party justice, the presentation looked so much better…
A lot of hand work making tags, bakery box labels, paper purses, cookie bag toppers , party favors and precutting
bandanas for the bags …Add to that the baking and set-up…
In addition, the shopping on the internet as well as local party stores….
My daughter and I make a good team. She was especially sweet doing this party because she knew I had a version and she worked hard to help me achieve my party dream.

Photobucket


The big hug and thank you

that the grandmother got....

In the end, what it equaled to was a priceless smile on my granddaughter's face…


Happy Ten Emmalyn,
Wishing you a magical year….

P.S.... one of the girls asked if she could adopt me as her grandmother....she said it was the best party ever...

20 comments:

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

WOWZER~ I wish I could have been at that fabulous party!!!

LiLi M. said...

Oh I love parties like this and you bet I know what work this is! Perhaps you could put a birthdayparty album on Flickr to show even more photos, as I understand you want to limit yourself on your blog. There are so many clever ideas that other mothers can use too. You make me looking forward to having grandchildren, but my eldest is only fifteen, so I have to wait quite a time before my grandchild (hope I'll have at least one, one day) has her/his tenth birthday. Love this post Louise, it all looks so perfect! Now your granddaugther can always look back to a perfect 10th birthday party, that is priceless and well worth any effort, don't you think? And for you it's just the same. I remember that after a birthday party I felt like having given birth or doing whatever succesful achievement. You are so happy that everything went well, the kids liked it and a remark like the grandmother adoption one makes you kind of hyper and thrilled with sattisfaction. I hope you enjoyed that too!
Have a lovely day, thanks for sharing!

Household 6 said...

Oh my goodness! What a special party!!! You can come host my party anyyyyy time! Hehe. I'm sure your special granddaughter will always remember this as one of her favorite birthdays for the rest of her life! The cookies and the boxes... oh and the rock candy... all my favorites.

noodle and lou said...

hi louise! this is every girl's dream!!! what a delightful party...so special!! xox...jenn

Annabelle said...

What a lovely party and I only wish you had joined in on the fun for Vanessa's Halloween Celebration...Imagine the ball you would have contrived! Adore your digital work!

Happy Halloween

Annabelle >^..^<

rochambeau said...

I couldn't wait to see photographs from this party Lousie!! All the spectacular details!! The colors, the cake the party favors the cookies, If I were Emmalyn or her friends I would have thought there could be no better party!! How many ten year old little girls can say that they have an Hermes Kelly bag? ;-)
You all created magic. AND I LOVE seeing ALL of it!!! You and your family are very clever and talented!!

xox
Constance

bluemuf said...

Oh Louise, what a fabulous party. You and your daughter produced an amazing magical day for your Granddaugher. Thank you so very much for sharing all these delightful ideas and details.

Hugs karen

rochambeau said...

Glad I came back Louise!
Appreciate seeing ALL the magic and wonder!
Adore every photo, the invite, the green accordion paper lanterns~the cheerful colors everywhere.
ALL FAB!!! Please tell your daughter too!!!
xox
Constance

adrienne said...

Wow! I have to agree with your little guest - I think you do plan the best parties ever. Obviously a labor of love.
Emmalyn's a lucky girl, and the cake your daughter made is beautiful!

Storybook Woods said...

Wow, Emmalyn what a birthday party. You are a lucky girl. Clarice

shiborigirl said...

Oh,Please, please... won't you throw me a party, Puh-leeze?!? What a lucky little girl to have such a fabulous event in her honor.

Thanks for sharing, and I'm so glad to see you are "back". :)

Kate

Janet said...

That looks like SOME party! I'm sure it was the best party ever and one that will be remembered and talked about for a long time. Your granddaughter is a lucky little girl to have such a wonderful grandmother.

Fete et Fleur said...

I want to be adopted too! This was a beautiful party. Your daughter did a marvelous job with the goodies! I love a beautiful party!!

Hugs!
Nancy

Sandra Evertson said...

Wow, absolutely Delightful!
Sandra Evertson

rochambeau said...

Have a wonderful weekend, Louise!
xox
Constance

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Happy birthday to Emmalyn! What a beautiful birthday party! I'm sure the girls just were 'in awe' of all the party magic going on in that room! Everything was just absolutely gorgeous! A birthday to remember....

Blessings,
Kitty

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What an amazing party. It's all so beautiful! And what special memories for the birthday girl.
Thanks for sharing it all. Very inspiring!

Betzie said...

This party was just TOO WONDERFUL! Ohhhhh it ssoooo makes me want to have a granddaughter someday!!
Fabulous day for her I'm sure! She is one lucky little girl!

My name is Ann said...

Your party looks wonderful! All the little details make it so much nicer.

I would love to have the pattern for the Hermes Kelly Bag. My daughter loves Paris and we want to do a Paris themed Bridal shower. My email is janstwin@yahoo.com.

waycoolbaby said...

Such a wonderful party, what a lucky girl! Could you please send me the Hermes Bag PDF...I have a party coming up and would love to use it! Send to LHusmann@aol.com THANK YOU!!