Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fairy Slippers

My five Fairy Slippers.....

I have been busy making paper Fairy slippers for a swap I joined in on
at PaperWhimsy …..
I signed up for the antique slipper group in colors sepia, creams, and gold’s.
There was also a mermaid group, a grunge group, a dirty pink group and two winter wonderland groups.
A paperwhimsy image and two trinkets or elements from the Paperwhimsy shop were required on or in the slipper.
We also had to make a small gift to tuck under the vamp of the shoe.

a close up of the gift...

Each shoe came to my cobbler’s bench and was designed one at time.
I decided to use the image as my slipper’s sole and used antique and vintage laces for the top part as well as vintage candy lace paper, vintage buttons and gold Dresden paper.
For the gift I make flower lace pins that have a gold leaf or star on them, I also added a holiday wish in a
gold fairy cone.
The slippers also have a slot to string a ribbon through so that a garland can be made.
I keep one shipper and send off the other four to my swap
partners. I cannot wait to get my four and put my garland together….
the slippers before I added the gifts and gold fairy cones.....

I loved doing these slippers and often would think of Nancy of fete et fleur the famous cobbler to the queens. I remember one post she did about editing her design. I kept this in mind as I worked away and would ask myself do I need more, do I need less…
I hope I have time to make a few more of these for Christmas ...I think they would be nice on a gold wrapped gift....

20 comments:

Dawn said...

I think your slippers are so delicately beautiful... they really are a work of art - love them xxxx

Household 6 said...

Oh my gawsh, those are the most fabulous slippers ever. So very beautiful! And all the elements that I love - especially the lace! That looks like a wonderful swap to be a part of, I'm sure the recipients will be so happy!

LiLi M. said...

Ooooh Louise, I'm drooling over my desk. These are superb, I love them! The colors are beautiful, the lace, the small present tucked inside, it's all gorgeous. Lucky girls that joined this swap and I, like you, cannot wait to see your garland completed. You might make more in different colors and or tones and make a small Christmas shoe tree...just an idea...

I have to tell you that I love your blog make-over too! I think it's a pleasant surprise every time I come over here!

Jan said...

Just lovely! Your pictures show them off so well, too! Wow, each girl will surely be getting at realy treasure from you. Well done!

theresa martin said...

These are utterly beautiful! I can't believe my luck to be in your exchange group!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

Oh! They are just stunning! So beautiful...
Hugs,
Penny

Coastal Sisters said...

Louise, these are the most beautiful slippers. I am just in awe of these gorgeous creations!

LuLu~*xoxo

catworx said...

WOW!!!! I am in awe of these slippers, Louise, they are truly magical!!!

rochambeau said...

Fantastic Louise! I ADORE your pretty slippers fit for a Fairy! Just wonderful!
Bet I know a 10 year old little girl who will like to see these too!!!

xox
Constance

bluemuf said...

Oh Louise, your fairy slippers are amazing. Wonderful little works of art.

Hugs Karen

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Absolutely stunning Louise!!!
The laces you used are just gorgeous and love the color combination.
Your fairy slippers are truly an amazing work of art!!!
Hugs, Carol Anne

Fete et Fleur said...

They're lovely, Louise. You edited them perfectly.

Nancy

PS The installation on the ceiling in the studio was put in for the workshop, but will remain a permanent fixture. It was even more wonderful in person.

Nancy

Betzie said...

Louise,
These are just so so delicate and gorgeous! I love them!!!! I could see these as Christmas ornaments all over the tree! I bought that same digital download of that face from Paper Whimsy a few weeks ago...so pretty but have no idea what to do with mine yet. Lucky partners you have!

Terri Kahrs said...

Oohhhhh, Louise! Cinderella could have worn these beautiful shoes to her ball! You've created marvelous, fairytale slippers! I adore them! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Storybook Woods said...

Oh your fairy sleppers are sooo sweet. Clarice

rochambeau said...

Hope you will have a lovely Sunday, Louise!!

xox
Constance

Lynn said...

Louise, I love these! I am now so inspired to work with my paper crafts this afternoon. Life feels like it's going to swallow me up sometimes, but your blog makes me slow down and breathe and take in the loveliness!

Hugs,
Lynn

theresa martin said...

Thanks Louise (by coming by my blog). Glad you like the slipper.

adrienne said...

I love these! They would look great on a gift, too.

Elaine Akers said...

Your slippers are just beautiful, and I can only imagine what the finished banner will look like.