Friday, February 19, 2010

I am back..........

I was not planning on going into hibernation and away from blogging, it just kind of happened.
 Constance of Rochambeau sent me a wonderful surprise that lured me
out of my winter time cave.


Who would not emerge from hibernation for such wonderful sweet treats?


Thank you Constance for this thoughtful gift and yes it was a Happy Day!


Winter is getting ever so tiresome here with the cold and snow.
But as I look at the calendar I see that we are more than half way through the month.
I am delighted that February has only 28 days and not 30 or 31.
I look forward to March and a few wonderful things….

Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland opens on March 5th; our tickets have been purchased for the 6th at an IMAX theater that is about an hour and half away from us. Not only am I excited to see yet another Wonderland story I am also a fan of…… Mia Wasikowska………who plays the part of Alice.

Jenny Doh’s  Crescendoh  will make its appearance in March; I am intrigued and can’t wait to see what this is all about.


I am also thinking about Easter, my very favorite of all the holidays. I am not sure what my theme will be this year but if you have a few seconds hop on over  to the  Fairy's Gate  to see a few ideas ...


I am also busy working on a large presentation box for dear little Esme,
I just love her sweet little face.
(Color that I will be using for this project….)

Think Spring....


15 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am so glad to see you back posting! That was very sweet of your friend to send you some goodies :)

I am excited about the movie and can't wait to see it.

I hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend!

LuLu♥

LiLi M. said...

Helllo hello hello Louise! I was planning to mail you back this weekend but this is way better. Oooh Constance is such a sweet girl, I knew that allready, but I am still pleasantly surprised to see what she sent you! Beautiful to see and probably even better to taste! Welll done Constance!
I'm looking forward to see Alice in Wonderland too, but this week we heard that it isn't sure that the film will be released over here, as Disney plans to release the dvd soon too. Let's hope the major theatres and Disney can come to an agreement.
I love what you are doing with your doll Esmée, the colors of your presentation box are just so beautiful! The peek you showed is just amazing!

Did you see the Notebook? I can recommend that one to you!

Have a lovely weekend Louise, hope to see you over here more often, but sometimes it just don't happen. Anyhow have fun and be happy!

Janet said...

I'm glad you came back! And what a beautiful gift you received. Getting fun mail is the best!

I want to see my favorite guy (Johnny Depp) in Alice. Can't wait!

bluemuf said...

Hi Louise, It is so nice to see you posting. I am going to go and see all the wonderful Easter inspiration you have for us.

I am also looking forward to seeing Alice in Wonderland.

Take care,
Karen

Storybook Woods said...

Welcome back, happy I would say so. What a sweet gift. Clarice

Fete et Fleur said...

I've missed you! Weren't those cookies great!!

What a treat getting to see Alice at the IMAX. I hope you love it.

Hugs!
Nancy

rochambeau said...

Hi Louise,
So grateful for your advise today. Thank you much! Can't wait to go down the rabbit hole and meet Alice ......soon!!
Hugs and happiness to you!

xox
Constance

rochambeau said...

ps
What a nice banner you sport today!

shibori girl said...

I'm so GLAD to see you back! I hope you had a good nap. ;)

I'm really excited about the new Alice movie - it's one of my favorite stories, and to have Tim Burton's twisted take on it, as well as having Johnny Depp (be still my beating heart), I'll be first in line at the theater.

Happy Nearly March,

Kate

Chrisy said...

Fancy opening a package and finding that gorgeous sweet treat! Have you eaten it yet...or will you just keep it as a work of art?! Oh yes, the Alice movie...get anticiation all over the place for that one...can see me standing in a cinema line that stretches for a couple of miles! And re the blogging break, think we all need to take them occasionally...love to you...

Chrisy said...

I've just been over at your other blog...oh honey those Easter links are fabulous...thank you so much!

Betzie said...

Hi Louise!!!
So glad I stopped by! I missed you! Love your sweet Esme!!! Can't wait to see your project for her!!
And I can't wait to see Alice in Wonderland...
Gorgeous cookies, lucky you!
I'm trying to be good and stay away from those...not easy as I have a sweet tooth that just gets sweeter as I get older!
Have fun creating!

shibori girl said...

I came back to nibble on a corner of that cookie right over there... I promise I didn't take a big bite, just a little taste. Mmmm, good!

I hope you are well and in the throes of something creative and wonderful.

Kate

Nishant said...

I hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend!

home jobs india

Draffin Bears said...

It was lovely to discover your beautiful blog.
Esme is a sweet doll and look forward to seeing the project.

Have a happy week
Carolyn