Friday, April 15, 2011

On april 16, 1971 I said forever….


                                                                                     

Back in the seventies it was garden hats and flowered dresses, an off white Victorian lace bridal gown and an orange car to drive us off,
my taste has changed over the years however my love for him and for pink roses remains Steadfast ...
                                           






Now on to the next 40....

  “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”      Pooh






a touch of Gatsby ...click  to enlarge


 Deco bracelet                                                               Gypsy Road Studio
 pink rose bouquet design & photo by             Sakura Photo
 Deco Wedding Cake                                              Martha Stewart Weddings
 Photo booth                                                     312photobooth.com
 Swan bar                                                      a-artfurniture

12 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

Happy anniversary, congratulations!!! Clarice

Fete et Fleur said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Happy Anniversary!!

This post brought tears to my eyes. It's so wonderful to look back at our simple beginnings and see the lovely and intricate dance our lives have become. May the next forty be even better.

Hugs!
Nancy

rochambeau said...

Beautiful post and Happy Anniversary Louise!! I imagine your husband a very special man because you are a exceptional woman!!

It is a miracle to meet a good person to love that loves you back. I waited till I was 37 to find mine and will never take our love for granted.

Cheers and here's to a long healthy and fun life together!

xox
Constance

bluemuf said...

Happy Anniversary Louise I hope you many, many more.

Hugs Karen

shibori girl said...

Happy Anniersary, Louise! I loved your description of your 1971 day - it brought back memories of my growing up years and how free-and-easy we were back then.

May you have many, many more years together,

Kate

Shabbily Ever After said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!
Congratulations on your 40th Anniversary....i loved reading this post,so dreamy,so romantic.
Love Kristina xxx

Fete et Fleur said...

Dear Louise,

I have emailed you and it has bounced back to me.

Here is what my email said:

Happy Easter to you and your family dear, Louise. Have a beautiful weekend.

Hugs!
Nancy

LiLi M. said...

Congrats to you and your husband Louise, I missed you and your beautiful posts. Due to Easter I am still busy, but no better way to relax moments in between over here.
Wishing you a happy Easter with your loved ones, hugs LiLi

Adrienne said...

That's certainly something to celebrate! And that's a beautiful card, too.

Betzie said...

Such a heartfelt post Louise!!!
I adore ADORE that Pooh quote...how apropo...
Hope you had a wonderful anniversary! Tomorrow will be my 27th but we've known each other about 14 years longer!
Happy days...Betzie

Fete et Fleur said...

Dear Louise,

I loved you comment about the bunnies! Those bunnies can be mighty evil. I made Bill take the rest of the cookies to work this morning. Way to tempting . . .

Have a Great Day!
Nancy

rochambeau said...

Hi Louise,
Just dropping by to say hi. Hope you and your husband continue to celebrate!!

xox
Constance