Sunday, April 20, 2008

Favorite things....

I wear mostly vintage jewelry, I always have,
my love for vintage and antique jewelry stated over 30 years
ago when my MIL gave me a few of her mother's
necklaces that dated from around 1900..
Here are just a few of my favorite pieces.

****


These cameos my mom got
at a tag sale in the 70's for 10 cent each.

She was always able to find exceptional stuff at tag sales.
she gave them to me as a gift in 1991,
I was one happy girl that day.


I display the cameos on top of a pile of old buttons

placed in an opal hob knob vase...

I don't like to hide favorite pieces away.






A necklace from my husband grandmother from the early 1900's


****





A Persian turquoise pin from the late 1800's .


The beads are Navajo Pearls from 1942...


I wear both of these a lot...the pin looks great on a jean jacket.


****



I love this silver heart charm
bracelet that my husband gave to me for our 26th wedding anniversary.
we just celebrated our 37th last Wednesday, wow does time fly when your
having fun...


close up of some of the hearts.



Victorian Lockets also belonging to my husband's grandmother.



"The human heart has hidden treasures, In secret kept, in silence sealed; The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, Whose charms were broken if revealed."

Charlotte Bronte

23 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

Oh my gosh, so beautiful !!! Clarice

Fete et Fleur said...

Lovely Louise. The quote at the end is beautiful!

Nancy

Victorian Lady said...

I love your heart bracelet!! All those hearts! And the one that says forget-me-not...I am trying to grow those right now...and in Arizona that is saying something! :)

Mere

Felicia said...

What beautiful pieces :)

Lori said...

Louise your jewelry is so gorgeous:) i love your sweet bracelet of hearts!

Miss Rhea said...

It all is so pretty !! I especially like the heart bracelet. :) I have one too, that my friend Sharon has painted, I treasure it. I think the memories and people attached to our things are what make them so special. Thank you for sharing those !! :)

Jenn said...

A beautiful collection. Love the heart bracelet - that is really unique.

Sandi said...

What a beautiful blog you have!! Thanks for visiting me and your comment. I love the antique jewelry and the way you decorate with colored buttons. I'll be back.
VictorianGypsy

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

The heart bracelet is so sweet. You have a great collection, pieces with a lot of meaning and memories in them!

She'sSewPretty said...

Oh! That heart charm bracelet is beautiful!!

Charlotte said...

Beautiful jewelry. I especially like the heart bracelet.

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Lousie, I love all of your vintage jewelry! My fav is the heart charm bracelet from your hubbie...
xo
Penny

SweetAnnee said...

Oh my GOSH tis All lovely!!!
I'm coveting..
lol
Deena

fated follies studio said...

those pieces of jewelry are so beautiful. how nice of your mil to get you started. she must have loved you much. enjoy the near weekend Louise and thanks for stopping by!

jenny

Regina said...

Hello Louise
Wow!All your jewelry are gorgeous.
I love the heart bracelet!
Have a nice weekend my friend
Hugs Regina

Marina Capano said...

wow! so cute! you have nice things!all lovely!!! by the way I enjoy very much if you will go my virtual party, I hope you!

cherished*vintage said...

Your heart bracelet is wonderful, but oh I really love the cameos! 10 cents! Now that is amazing. They look so beautiful displayed in your hobnail bowl! Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving such nice comments.
-Karoline

Janet said...

Your jewelry is beautiful, and how nice to have those pieces from your husband's grandmother! I also love your heart charm bracelet. Your husband chooses very nice gifts!

Lori said...

What wonderful jewels! That is THE BEST heart charm bracelet I have ever seen! Lori

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Louise,,,
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope things are going great for you. Have a fabulous week my friend!
Penny

...... Kristina ...... said...

Hi Louise,
Thank you so much for adding me to your favorites,i feel honored.i would like to have a favorites list myself but i'm am not very good on this mac of mine... i shall have to ask my friend for help.
Your jewelry is amongst the prettiest i have seen,just stunning....your heart charm bracelet is just oh so beautiful i would imagine you cried on seeing it for the first time.
Aaaahhhh words from Charlotte Bronte makes me yearn for more of Haworth.
Hope the sun is shining on you!
Love Kristina XxX

Katherines Dream said...

They are all very beautiful pieces, I cannot resist this sort of jewelry.
Carol x

Julie said...

Your mom was really a savvy jewelry buyer. These are such lovely pieces.