Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thinking Christmas....

Picture from last year…

What I have doing on my blog vacation…..

Catching up on all of my yahoo groups emails..
Had about 1000 to read…


Getting ready for Christmas…
Needed to do some things to get the house ready for the holidays.
My hubby fell 18 ft. off a ladder last Monday; our wood stove pipe broke his fall.
He is very bruised, has a good deal of swelling, and hobbles around…
However, we our both very thankful because we know the outcome could have been a lot worse.



Made this little ballerina when I was the leader

of my daughter’s Girl Scout troop in 1982.

I found some left over kits that I put together back than...

it was a fun find...

***


I also spent the Sunday before Halloween in a very old cemetery with my son.
He came home for the weekend to work on an archaeology class project.Each of his team members had to find and list the information from 25 headstones dated before 1880.
I went along to help measure and take the pictures of the stones. Together we read epitaphs and talked about the families, the soldiers (from both the revolutionary war and civil war). It was a sunny warm day and it took us over 3 hours to complete the task.
I told my son that this ghost in the picture enjoyed our visit…

****

I also spent some time visiting new blogs...

Here is one that I found inspiring

http://www.collagediva.com/Site/Kathryns_Blog/Kathryns_Blog.html

18 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

oh come join us for Christmas Delights on
my blog..love your peek of Christmas and the
cemetery
deena

Storybook Woods said...

It is Christmas planning time. Have fun. Clarice

LiLi M. said...

Hello Louise, so good to have you back again! I love that little ornament. I'm fond of those ornaments that have a special history and the ability to let you time travel; as this one brings you to 1982 in an eyewink.
You captured a ghost in your photo! Great! Those old cemetaries are beautiful don't you think? And it's good to think of the people that aren't with us anymore once in a while. Even when these are total strangers.
Hope your hubby is doing better! Take care!
Have a great sunday and a great week!

KathrynAntyr said...

What a pleasant surprise to be discovered by *you.*

I smiled when I saw the clothespin ornament. I have some from when I was a kid. I loved making them. I have some carolers and an angel and a santa that my brother made. When I get out my decorations, I'll be sure to photograph them so you can see them.

Sorry to hear about your husband. He was very lucky.

I recently photographed some old headstones from the same period. How wonderful for you that you could spend that time with your son. Great photo too!

Thanks again for stopping by and introducing yourself.

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Hi Louise, so glad your hubby is okay. My son is not better, in fact he is going to have an MRI sometime this week. Love the cemetary photo, so surreal. I haven't gotten the house ready for Christmas yet, but will soon. Tell your hubby to take it easy & tylenol does wonders! Hugs***Renea

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Love your sweet ornament! So glad to hear that your husbands is recovering from that fall! That must have been scary.

And your ghost picture....beautiful!

Andrea said...

So sorry to here about your hubby...I hope he's feeling better. I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog to leave a comment...Good Luck!

Fete et Fleur said...

What a fun thing to get to do with your son. Love your Santa!

Nancy

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I'm so sorry about your hubby! I hope he heals quickly!

The cemetery picture is beautiful. That project with your son sounds so meaningful!

Paula said...

Dear Louise,
I am glad you are back. So very sorry to hear about your husband's fall! I am so thankful he was not hurt worse than he was. I hope he will be feeling better soon!

The fairy you made is so sweet! I look forward to seeing your Christmas decorating. It sounds like you and your son had a wonderful day in the beautiful old cemetery. It is so interesting that you found dates from the revolutionary and civil war!

Love, Paula

char72 said...

I'm thinking Christmas too. I've been working on a new template, etc, to reflect Christmas and it's not even Thanksgiving yet. However, it will be here and over with before we know it.
Glad your husband wasn't hurt badly from the fall. That's pretty scary.
Have a great Holiday season.
Charlotte

adrienne said...

Glad your hubby is okay!
Love the ballerina and the cemetery picture.

Julie said...

Yes, I see the ghost!

I am glad you are getting into the spirit of the season. Even though, thanks to our blizzard, we have a lovely thick carpet of white, I am kicking and screaming at the thought that I have to be dragged out of autumn before Thanksgiving!

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the reading Santa!
Sandra Evertson

Betzie said...

Hi Louise!
Great post and I loved the pic at the cemetary....
Glad your hubby is okay!!
xo

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

So sorry to hear about your husband's fall. I hope he recovers very soon.
I just love the picture of your Santa, he is so sweet! I can't wait to get our Christmas decorations out!
Carol Anne

Regina said...

Dear Louise
I hope your hubby is okay anfd he
recovers very soon.
Beautiful pictures.Your little clothespin ornament is very wonderful
I love it very.
The flowers on my veranda called erica.
I wish you and your family a wonderful week.
Hugs,Regina

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Again I thank you for your prayers. Hugs***Renea