Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring.....





after a long dank winter I have been working on

some party things...

Above is just one of the party invitations that I have done.


Just imagine a candy colored sleepover with a midnight buffet candy table…
A colorful polka dotted sheet would work as a tablecloth….
A cupcake tower, boxed chocolates with the guest names on them and a tray of beautiful vegetables.
Yes, I said vegetables, or bunny candy as we call it in our house…
When my kids had sleepovers, the bowl that I would always find empty was the one holding
the cherry tomatoes….




Or how about a fairy's garden party....


would it not be fun to have these little flowers growing in your back yard???
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6037124&show_panel=true

below are a few links of some things I found during my unplanned blog break.
The ideas out there are just amazing, oh how I wish I had this resource when my kids were little....
I am one of those people that always has kids party ideas dancing in their heads like sugarplums....
fairies, butterflies, candy, poodles and more...

When my daughter was small I would always start the party planning in January,
her birthday is in May...
I guess old habits are hard to break..
right now I am working on parties that are months away...

the start of a fairy party...


Paper roses






A cute hankie idea...I would use this as a party craft for the quest and add a few cut flowers from the garden...http://www.lalalaurie.com/2009/02/handkerchief-hanging-vases.html


a tiny book for the fairies to read








Happy Spring....

12 comments:

bluemuf said...

Hi Louise, nice to see you back and what wonderful fanciful ideas you have for us. I love your invitation and then, I checked out the links. Saved the rose instructions and also the link for the butterfly cake.

Hugs Karen

Fete et Fleur said...

You've been having fun while away. That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing all these amazing links. I just finished watching the large rose making video. I love it! I'm going to go to her website too. I hope things are blooming beautifully for you this srping.

Hugs!
Nancy

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Weren't those the days, of the little girls' parties!! I always started ours really early too, and loved ruminating over every tiny detail. Thank you for the wonderful links! Cheers, Andrea

Betzie said...

Love your party invite!!!
I was the same way...I loved having parties for my sons too. My favorite was the Halloween party...so much fun. Children add so much to our lives don't they? xo betzie

LiLi M. said...

Hello Louise, Good to hear from you again and I am happy to learn that you had such a swell time. Great links. Folding such a book looks easy this way and the little books look so nice. That party will be so much fun, I wish I could take a little peek around the corner.

Happy spring! Start with a great weekend!

Storybook Woods said...

Ohhh, so many wonderful spring ideas, thank you xoxox Clarice

Lori said...

what cute ideas...those little books are enchanting...and i love the crepe paper rose!!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'll have to remember to use "bunny candy" that is a great phrase for kids!

adrienne said...

How delightful! Once upon a time my daughter was very into fairies. We made tiny fairies out of silk flowers and built a garden for them to live in.
That toad house is so cute...I would welcome toads in my garden.

Janet said...

I want to come to one of your parties! I'm sure they're lots of fun....especially the candy party!

Thanks for all the fun links....you find the best things!

Lavender Dreamer said...

What wonderful pics and links! Love your blog! So much FUN! I want to be a fairy!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'm crazy about those tutus!!