Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Busy Bee In May

May has always been my busy month…
I have two lists of things to be done and places to go,
this is my fun list…
I like to have a list with just the fun things on it,
for me it’s a reminder that life sometimes balances out.
And I am happy to say this month is the one month that
My fun list is longer…. Yeah

DONE:

Daughter’s birthday
Gift
Cup-Cakes
Breakfast


Allie is 22 now, she was just 2 in this picture, where did the years go..
we adopted her from Korea when our oldest daughter was 15 years old.


One of the best decision I ever made.



Grandparent’s Day at school
Granddaughters Dance recital..
Flowers…. two bouquets of ballerina pink roses.


Grandson’s kindergarten spring concert
He is so cute!!!!


Children’s choir performance
This is one of my favorite
activities of the year.
This year my 8-year-old granddaughter did a solo
She sang Neverland from peter pan…
Bravo Emma


Finish project and get it off in the mail
I will talk more about this one later..


Granddaughter’s Princess Birthday
25 party favors (I love doing grand kids party favors)
There was 22 three and four year old's at this party
(My daughter Willow is the kind of mom that just will not leave anyone out)
Princess castle cake
Pick up balloons (I supply the balloons for the parties as well, did you know that
Balloons are fairy kisses….)


Nephew’s Law school Graduation on
Mother’s day
Then off to meet my kids at my son's college
for mother’s day dinner..
We invited some of my son’s friends, it was a fun evening.
Many laughs

***
Left on list:

Granddaughter’s family party
wrap Gifts


Husband's birthday
Movie and dinner


Ang’s college graduation
Send gift …
She is my Barbie girl
I will have to do something fun here….


Graduation party
Gift
I always give money as a graduation gift.
Therefore , I am always looking for a clever way to present it,
This year what I have done is buy a solid glass desk frame
and place the check where the picture would go…I put a
Piece of pretty paper behind the check

My birthday
Oh my! I must start taking this one off my May list
Maybe I will stop aging…
This year my husband is taking me shopping for a new camera
Any suggestion?

College Graduation party
another frame???



Fairy Kisses

Balloons are fairy kisses so they say.
I've bought some and I'm sending them today
Sending them by Dobbin true.
In the hope they'll all reach you,
But as we had but little money
We could only buy a few!
M.P. Seymour



9 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

What a full and gloriously blessed life!! I can’t wait to hear about the project you just sent off. A very Happy Birthday month to you. I always call my birthday day, birthday month and I think you need to have one too.

The photo of the ballereina brooch is spectacular. Where in the world did you find that?

Hugs! Nancy

Janet said...

You really are a busy bee! Your May is like my autumn....that's when all the birthdays in our family sort of pile up. Your daughter, Allie is adorable in that photo. And I have a granddaughter name Willow.

Be sure to take some time for yourself this month.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

May is my busiest and favorite month, isn't it a great time to have a birthday? And to celebrate with your daughter too, how nice is that?

I just got a new camera for my birthday last week and really like it, but I am not sure if I like it ENOUGH. It is a Cannon Elph 12 pixels. Not bad, but I might have been ready for a bigger step up. Such a big decision! Good luck.

Susan Tuttle said...

I love your fun list! - your life is full of many blessings.

Happy Birthday month to you - as for cameras, I have a Nikon CoolPix 5700 - got in 2003 when my son was born. Canon is also a good way to go.

Susan
xo

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

You do have a wonderful fun list for May! I adore the balloon kiss poem.

Happy Birthday Month!!
Hugs,
Penny

Lori said...

Oh please post those party pictures!!!! Bet the favors will be adorable!!! Lori

KarenHarveyCox said...

Such a beautiful post, and I love the music, Emma probably stole the show. Hook was my absolute favorite movie. How blessed you are to have grandchildren and your little daughter must be a lovely young woman now. Fairies, birthdays and Peter Pan...what more could a girl want. My sister's Birthday is in May. Happy Birthday. Karen

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Oh my gosh, you have been busy! Love your daughter's photo, & I agree they grow up so quickly! Hope to see photos of the little party favors!

Charmingdesigns said...

did you get your camera??? Laurie