Monday, May 5, 2008

Time marker

These past few days I have woken up to the lovely blooms of this flowering tree outside my bedroom window. My hubby will open the curtains in the morning so it is the first thing I see.
It is with this tree that I mark my year, not by birthdays or New Years. I will spend an extra few minutes in my cozy bed and gaze out at my pink blooms of time.
I reflect on the good and bad… youngest off to college ( we planted this tree when I was pregnant with him, my daughter totaled two cars in three months, the second just two weeks ago (now we worry more) feeling very grateful that she wasn't hurt. I started a blog, I have been more creative and doing more art than I have in years…… and as the blooms fade away I will make a list of hopes and dreams……….and look forward to the coming year.

11 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

Dear Louise! I loved your comment on my blog today. I think we are kindred sisters when it comes to decor.I love everything too! Your tree is incredibly beautiful. What a joy it must be to wake up too!

xx Nancy

Sher said...

What a blessing to wake up to those wonderful blossoms!

Natasha Burns said...

How wonderful your hubby will give you that view in the morning! Blogs are so inspiring, it's amazing how much more creative we can be when we see so much creativity going on around us.

Storybook Woods said...

Your yard looks sort of like mine ;-) Just beautiful. Clarice

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Oh Louise, How lovely to have a beautiful tree like that to mark your memories! My husband raises the blinds in my bedroom too, before he wakes me up. We have a couple of wonderful men!
Hugs,
Penny

Susan Tuttle said...

Hi Louise,
What a gorgeous tree, and how special that you planted it when your son was born - what a beautiful way to mark time.

I am so glad to hear that your daughter is alright - what an incredible relief.

I like that you have a list of fun things to do, as opposed to errands - I will have to try that.

Susan

Lori said...

Louise, what a gorgeous tree:) the blossoms are such a lovely shade, it must make you smile every time you look at it!!!

bluemuf said...

A beautiful post and a beautiful tree.

Karen

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Stopping in to say Hello and Happy Mother's Day.
Penny

Sweet Sage said...

What a beautiful, sentimental tree! A reminder, too, that our children grow & blossom even as they move on from us. (little do they know how hard it is for us to let them 'go') Thank you for visiting my blog ~ yours is a beautiful, peaceful place!
~Kim

~~ said...

Oh your flowers make me long for spring up here were it is still wuite chilly.... I hope you daughter doesn't wreck any more cars!
Patricia