Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wonders of the World Wednesday

Becky of Wonders Never Cease is having a wonder day and invited all to play along..
She is the wonder queen by far but I decided to give it a try..





my daughter Allie (on the right) and her friend Angela …


My wonder for today is Bubbles. I can honestly say that I have not been without a jar
of bubbles since my teenage years.
The why will be for another day.


There is Magic in these soapy air filled rainbow things…


Picture by Nicole Pearce


We all have tried to make the big bubble
For this we need a

bubble recipe…

1 part ultra-Joy brand

8 parts pure water (I use distilled)

1/4 part glycerin



picture by Miss Shari

And then there is the bubble wand,
all shapes and sizes….





picture by Ephemeron




We must not forget bubble gum






picture by McBomb


and bubble gum pink.

picture by ( Krikit )

'Who doesn’t love a
Bubble bath
and Shakespeare’s "Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble."
what about Grandmother’s bubbling stew.



picture by Velo Steve
Champagne bubbles to toast the bride and groom.





picture by snoonan_711



And bubble wrap, this is taking being green a little too far.

and take a look at this
a little bubble play...

(turn off my music on the side bar)



Dolphin Play Bubble Rings -








One last thing



A bubble carries your wishes to the fairies….and when it pops the fairies hear your heart’s desires…


0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O
O

0 OOOOOOOOOOOOOO0
O OOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 0 OOOOOOO OOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO 0

0 OOO0 OOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO O O OOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O O

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O OOOOOOOOOOOOOO0
Have a wonder---full day!

27 comments:

Robyn said...

Oooh, I love bubbles too! Especially the champagne kind.
Great post!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Louise, what a great post on bubbles! I really enjoyed it! And now I want a bubble bath. With a dolphin! That video is incredible.

Have you ever stood inside a bubble? My kids did at the discovery museum in Charlotte years ago, and I've always wanted to try it myself. Now that I have the recipe, I just might do it!

Thanks for celebrating with me! I hope you have a fun day!
Becky

LiLi M. said...

What a great and inspiring post! Everybody loves bubbles, but I didn;t realize up to now! All pictures and the clip are sooo beautiful, thanks!

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

I absolutley loved that video! And Tiny Bubbles brings back such memories for me. My parents went to Hawaii in the late 60's and saw Don Ho. They brought back an album and I bet I hear that song a million times!
Hugs,
Penny

CC said...

awwww! I love bubbles! And use them often in work. Plus, they make for the best pictures (as your top photo clearly shows!)

Claudie said...

My first wonder today. I feel like an amateur. Your bubbles are bubbling with delight.
Have a Wonderful Wed.
Claudie from Tickled Pink
I usually sign off as CC but I see that you also have the same signature..
Claudie from Canada

Felicity said...

Charming!

Janet said...

What fun! I love bubbles and often buy myself a bottle just for me to play with!

That bubble wrap bride's dress is a hoot!

Charlotte said...

what a unique post. I love bubbles.

adrienne said...

What a great post. The dolphins were delightful, and that bubble wrap dress is over the top!

Karen K. Kennedy said...

Love the bubbles. I'll have to pick up the "Bubbly" kind for my birthday! thanks for the good wishes! And the bubble wrap wedding dress is a hoot!

soleil said...

Great bubble pictures! I love the wedding dress!

LizR said...

Beautiful! My little girl just loves bubbles. And her brothers love to help her pop them, hahah.

Liz

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I love that message about fairies!

Paula Clare said...

HA HA HA! The Don Ho song was just icing on the cake! I just love Bubbles...I can't help but equate the venerable Lawrence Welk with all of bubbledom, however. I'm afraid I'm scarred for life on that count...

Great post!

Life on Bonnie Lane said...

What's more fun than bubbles! I love that pretty bubble wand.

I would so go up and hug that bride just to see if I could make the bubble stuff to pop, lol.

Kady

Sandra Evertson said...

Fabulous post! Love it!
Sandra Evertson

Sandra Evertson said...

Fabulous post!
Sandra Evertson

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Fantastic. Dolphins and bubbles, excellent combo. Thanks!!

Amy (Meredith Teagarden) said...

what a great post. And your daughter is lovely!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

I adore the song! Great post --you didn't burst my bubble at all when I came by your blog today:)

Jojo said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. Thinking about all these bubbles just made me want bubble gum, a bubble wand and a bubble bath all at the same time! Wonderful post.

Charlotte said...

Just wanted to let you know that I passed an award on to you today. It is on my Dolls Dolls Dolls blog.

KimberlyRyanDesigns said...

Beautiful post! Thank you so much for your sweet note! So kind of you, Hugs, Kimberly

Lynn said...

Louise, I love your post about bubbles!!! Bubbles are so much fun. We like to blow bubbles from our front steps but we just have to be careful not to let them land in the goldfish pond as soap and fish don't mix!

You found some really great pictures for this post! Hey, you gotta love that wedding dress. :)

Lynn

LiLi M. said...

Louise I have an award for you waiting in my blog!
hugs LiLi

dancingbubbles said...

http://www.dancingbubbles.com