Sunday, May 31, 2009

End of may...


May, the busy month is at an end…
Now I will have more time to breathe…
Last Friday I had some time to make a few
gifts for summer giving..
Here is a journal that I covered with the lovely paper
from the Madeline collection by Brenda Walton




Photobucket

Using the template from my last post, I made a matchbox to
hold tiny colored pencils that I purchased in January at Borders…
I attached the matchbox to the journal using removable two-sided scotch tape.


Photobucket





Inside the journal I placed a few surprises; an envelope filled with die cut tags.


Photobucket




A library card filled with Paperwhimsy collage images..





Photobucket




I added a few page tabs ....


I am really happy how this turned out, I think I will make a few


more....


Photobucket



I am also working on a doll size
perfumery. I started this project last fall, packed it away for a rainy day...
Last Friday was such a day; my goal is to finish it this summer. It is taking a lot more time than I anticipated. Here are a few pictures that I took last Oct. of the tiny bottles with vintage button tops..


The buttons that look orange are really a pink....


one of the reasons that this is taken so long to complete is because I keep


changing my mind on style and color...


oh well, we will see....







PhotobucketPhotobucket

16 comments:

LiLi M. said...

That journal looks so lovely! I love those tiny pensils, what beautiful colors they have. Attaching them to the journal is a great idea! That doll sized perfumery is going to be beautiful too. I always like doll size stores and I have a small collection of vintage and antique doll sized groceries. Cannot wait to see yours completed! Here we have a day off because the 2nd day of Pentecost, the weather is great! Have a nice day!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

Your journal is wonderful! I love all of the details...the special touches you add. Amazing!

Storybook Woods said...

Just beautiful. I love what you did with the drawing pencils, so smart. Clarice

adrienne said...

I love the assortment of buttons!
Beautiful journal. What a great idea to attach the box of pencils.

rochambeau said...

Very nice Louise! Your journal looks lovely and so does the box with colored pencils in it.

Your doll perfumery sounds devine. Can't wait for more photos of that!!
If I find a photo that I have, I'll scan it for you and send for extra inspiration!

xox
Constance

...... Kristina ...... said...

Hi Lulu,
I love how your journal turned out and all the extra thoughtful pieces make it so special,you are very clever.
A doll perfumery...how divine it all looks so wonderful!
Did you go back for the pretty face angel? oh and Beatrix sends a hug :)
Love Auntie Titty xx

Janet said...

That journal is fantastic! The little matchbox holding the pencils is just perfect. Love it!!

bluemuf said...

Oh Louise, the journal is lovely and I like how you have added all the extra goodies. What a special gift.

I love the little bottles and look forward to seeing the doll's perfumery.

Hugs karen

char72 said...

Beautiful. I love it. I just did a post on making DVDs. Since you are a creative person, you might be interested in it.
Here's the link.
http://char72.wordpress.com/2009/06/02/making-dvds/
Have a great week.
Charlotte

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a special gift that journal would be!
The doll perfumery is charming.

miss gracies house said...

All of the details are just gorgeous! Every single one.
Thanks for the visit to my place...
Have a great day.
Rene'

Betzie said...

Oh Louise, love to visit you! That journal is so pretty!!!! And the doll perfume bottles...LOVE them!!! You put wonderful detail into your work.

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Oh, your journal is wonderful! I love the details you always put in your art! Your doll sized perfumery is charming...will enjoy seeing it again when you are finished!
Have a beautiful week~
xoxo
Carol Anne

Lea said...

Hello Louise, the journal is just beautiful and so clever! I just love the beauty you create and the perfumes are going to be wonderful! Yeah to summer!!!

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Hi Louise, love your journal and little matchbox with colored pencils. And yes you are correct about the courthouse. So far you are winning! :) Good Luck. Hugs***Renea

Anonymous said...

Thanks for some quality points there. I am kind of new to online , so I printed this off to put in my file, any better way to go about keeping track of it then printing?