Monday, July 6, 2009

Success in Boston


Take heart Paul she is on her way. My daughter Allie is transferring to a new college in Boston. We spent Sunday signing her lease to her new apartment and walking her new neighborhood.

Lucky girl, will be spending the next year in Beacon Hill where

in the past, one would find the likes of
Louisa May Alcott and Julia Ward Howe ….

The history of this place is felt with each step one takes...



Beacon Hill sidewalks although charming are not easy to walk on….

Love this delightful pair in an antique shop window..


I wonder what stories these buildings have to tell...


Just a few blocks away is the Public Garden....

Allie refers to this magical place as her front yard.


I am not surprise this is where she wants to live.

Make way for Ducklings was her favorite book when she was two.
She would ask me to read this book to her repeatedly....
I could not help but wonder as I looked upon the swan boats if she was preprogrammed....








A newly married couple using the Public Garden as the back drop for

their wedding picture...

The groom was grinning from ear to ear...







From here, we walked to Little Italy for a late lunch…
Aug. will be the move…..and a visit to Cheers....

11 comments:

Regina said...

Hi Louise,
Boston is a wonderful city, and I think Boston is a loveley place for
studying.Your daughter is a lucky girl.The pictures are so wonderful.
I hope you have had a wonderful 4.July.
Thank you for all your nice comments
on my blog.
I wish you a wonderful week!!!!!
Hugs and love,
Regina

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Your lucky daughter! What a beautiful back drop! I have never been to Boston would love to visit there. Hopefully someday! Love the old buildings and the beauty. Good luck to you all !!! Hugs***Renea

Marie Antionette said...

Hello Louise,Wonderful post,full of fantastic pictures.You are so right,if those buildings could talk.What a beautiful place to live,One lucky daughter.Thank you for my birhday wishes.I'm another yrs young...LOL.But thats ok too.XXOO Marie Antionette

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

How fun for your daughter to live in such a wonderful place! Your pictures are great!

adrienne said...

What a beautiful place! I hope your daughter is very happy there. Hope she's not into heels - those sidewalks do look treacherous!

rochambeau said...

Congrats to your daughter Louise! She is fortunate indeed! Thank you for the photo's of Boston. I've been curious. It looks like I imagined.
Hope you had a happy 4th!
xox
Constance

LiLi M. said...

I think Boston looks great. I love historic places. Your daughter is so right that she wants to live here. I think she has her mothers' brains. I have put 'visit Boston' on my bucket list. I love your new blogbanner. Have a lovely day!

bluemuf said...

Hi Louise,

Boston looks absolutely wonderful. It's on my list of places to visit.

Your pictures are gorgeous and I just love the Swan boat.

I look forward to seeing more pictures as I'm sure you will be visiting your daughter frequently.

Hugs Karen

Betzie said...

Wow, how exciting for your daughter Louise!!!
I will soon send my youngest son off to college in August...I'll miss him so much.
I just loved the photos and wish her all the best!

Charlotte said...

What a marvelous place to go to school. I would love to just visit there. Terrific pictures.
Thanks for all the nice comments you made on my blogs. Yes, cotton yarn is what I used for the dishrags. It really doesn't take long to make one. I bought a big package with several dishrags in it at Costco sometime ago and have been using them. I really like them. However, now that I'm into knitting them again, I may make one for me. I used to use the all the time years ago.
Charlotte

shiborigirl said...

My nephew went did his undergrad at MIT and we used to visit often. What a wonderful city! There is simply no excuse for saying "I'm bored" if you live there.

Did you visit the aquarium?

I hope your daughter enjoys her college experience there...

Kate (from the Mad Tea Party)