Sunday, November 1, 2009

It is time to begin

Making tags.....

I have pretty pink metallic Christmas paper that I will use with this double
gift tag. The dyed tags are from
magic moonlight studio and the matchbox template is from here

The top matchbox will hold a tiny token, the second matchbox with hold a Christmas wish.
Each double tag is made using 4 dyed tags. I glued two tags together for strength for the top tag and used a second tag to cover the raw edges of the lace on the back of the bottom tag. I also removed the inside paper reinforcements around the holes so that the tags will glue together flatter...


I have spent my days stringing
and unstringing my instrument
while the song I came to sing
remains unsung.
-R. Tagore
I found this quote over a year ago and it really made me stop to think….
Have I sung my song, what song do I need to sing?
I took this quote to heart
for there was one song I still needed to sing.…and now I am happily singing.
Until another song comes along......


a few projects that I am working on....

14 comments:

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

I love your double tags! And I love that quote. I need to start singing too.
Hugs,
Penny

Coastal Sisters said...

I love the tags! How beautiful!

LuLu~*xoxo

bluemuf said...

Louise, the double tag is lovely. I also like the idea of the matchboxes.

I'm intrigued, and look forward to see your finished projects.

Hugs Karen

Storybook Woods said...

Oh pretty things you are working on. Clarice

Fete et Fleur said...

Beautiful thing being created, Louise. That quote was like an arrow to my heart. My creative energies seem to have run dry. I don't want my song to be unsung. Thank you!

Hugs!
Nancy

Betzie said...

I think I need a new song to sing these days...
Love your projects!

adrienne said...

Great quote!
Very pretty tags - I really like the little matchboxes.

Miss Rhea said...

The tags are really sweet and a great idea !! :) But, I am spying PINK polka Dots and wanting to know what that is :) Hope you have been well :) Missed you !!! Hugs, Rhea

LiLi M. said...

I love the double tags and the matchboxes (of course!). Please show us what you put inside both after they have found another home. I like the idea of a small gift and a wish. Your quote is great and very apropriate to me, so let's go on!

Household 6 said...

I can't wait to see your finished projects :) Your tags are gorgeous!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Have you been reading my mind? That quote was just the kick to my behind that I needed today!
Thanks Louise!
PS I love your tags.

rochambeau said...

Your tags are so nice Louise. Feminine and ethereal. Look forward to seeing your matchbox with wishes and tokens and whatever else you have up your sleeve at the bottom here.

This quote is a good one. In a certain way it reminds me of when I should have been studying and cramming for tests in college and I pretended to practice my guitar instead.

It's funny how it is SO MANY minute little actions and bits of knowledge it takes to create any one thing. Sometimes the going is slow ~ Then finally one day, it's hard to believe what all of these small actions add up to. Including the time we wander and ponder.

Great post. As you can see it has made me think.

Have a creative day Louise!
xox
Constance

rochambeau said...

Hi Louise,
I'm dropping back by to thank you for your comment about my mom. She's a remarkable person. I wish we can find a way to meet one day.

xox
Constance

rochambeau said...

Dear Louise,
Happy Sunday and thank you for dropping by. Are you a Spring girl?
I think you are. ;-)
Have a creative day.
xox
Constance