Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Haunted House

Photobucket

There's a house upon the hilltop
We will not go inside
For that is where the witches live,
Where ghosts and goblins hide.

***
Tonight they have their party,
All the lights are burning bright,
But oh we will not go inside
The haunted house tonight.

***
The demons there are whirling
And the spirits swirl about.
They sing their songs to Halloween.
"Come join the fun," they shout.

***

But we do not want to go there
So we run with all our might
And oh we will not go inside
The haunted house tonight.

***
~Jack Prelutsky
***

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
***

11 comments:

Household 6 said...

What a fabulous graphic image to match the poem! I wish I lived in a little house within the tree roots :)

LiLi M. said...

I love the magical image, especially the movements, I could sit here and stare for hours, just letting my imagination linger. A very happy and magical Halloween to you too!

Coastal Sisters said...

Wonderful graphic and poem! Just magical!

LuLu~*xoxo

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I LOVE your artwork! Very cool.

shibori girl said...

I like this a lot, Louise! The poem, and the sparkly image - more enchanted than haunting, really...

Kate

Fete et Fleur said...

Happy Halloween to you too, Louise! You are always a bright spot in my day. Love the collage of graphics!!

Hugs!
Nancy

adrienne said...

Great art and poem. I think I'd go inside your treehouse...my curiousity would get the better of me.

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

I love the art and poem. The twinkle.

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

I love your art Louise...this is just gorgeous!
Happy Halloween to you too!
Hugs, Carol Anne :)

rochambeau said...

Beautiful animated haunted house you create Lousie~ Who need to go in there, when you live behind the pink gate where Fairy's frolic anyway?

Happy Halloween to you!
Have a lovely weekend~
xox
Constance

Betzie said...

So fun Louise! How did you do that?!