Wednesday, January 2, 2008

making cards and wishing 2008



It's very cold here today, so I am sitting by the wood stove making Valentine's Day cards.
The top Christmas card was
one that I found in the writers box that I posted about before, I love the pink tan colors, so I used this card
as my inspiration for this year's Valentine's card that you see underneath. The pink ribbon is paler then it looks in the picture. I still need to add old bone buttons and vintage lace as well as a bow or rosette.
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's, our neighbor always welcomes the new year by firing a cannon, as I hear the bangs I make my wish for 2008......
Happy New Year




4 comments:

Julie Marie said...

I miss your beautiful Christmas banner, but this one is wonderful too.

Lovely Valentine's cards. I can't think that far ahead. I will have Christmas decs. up until Epiphany.

Julie

yours truly said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Louise! I hope you have a truly magical year. I finally got around to reading The Golden Compass ... i think you referred it. Great book. I haven't seen the movie yet and am worried about being disappointed!

Best wishes,
lora

Jenn and Jacqui said...

What a wonderful day to spend crafting whilst it's so cold outside and you are all warm! The neighbor firing his cannon is amazing!! Jenn and Jacqui

Tammy said...

Thanks so much for popping by my new blog, and for your sweet comments. The inside of my Valentine Journal is fabric, quilted, very tactile. I'll post photos of the whole book when I get it back next month...stay tuned. :)