Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Little Etsy ...A little cute...

A few weeks ago, I came across this blog The Polka Dot Parliament and a swap that was hosted this summer…
The Mermaid's Trousseau, so romantic, I wish I found this one in time.
I began to think of what I would include in such a swap and what I would make.
I went to etsy to find sea salt soap. I became enthralled with so many stores.
I have gone to search etsy many times before, I would need something, find it, buy it and was done.
This time however I could not help but be enchanted by all the descriptions of these wonderful homemade things…
Who would not want to spend their bath time with a bar of Destination- Elafonissi, Crete-Greek Islands?
With a floral blend of jasmine, ginger root, coconut milk and lilac. Or maybe a bar of Pina Colada Shea butter cocktail soap.


The more time I spent looking, the more esty things became like sugarplum dancing in my head.
Now I do this fun little
activity each day with my morning coffee.
I pick a theme or title, go to etsy for no more than 15 minutes, the time it take me to drink my first cup of coffee and find items to fit in that theme.
I am amazed by the beautiful art I have found and artistic expression.
I also found that you can add favorites from etsy to your sidebar. My theme of the day and my picks are now on my sidebar
for my amusement.

So far, my themes have been titled Milady, End of Summer Mermaid and The Gypsies dance…
Today I did one called Shimmer that was inspired by a print from of Du buh du designs and her four-elements wind doll…

I also came across this cute little kitten Waldorf toy that I had to bring home…
She was found here at The Fairies Nest etsy store …
I am going to make a matchbox purse for her to be tucked into and add other tiny delights. She is going to make a wonderful gift for someone special in my life…



Note: an empty nest is much harder to have than I imagined.
I have so many things that I need to do, but the silence echoes with each step
I take...

13 comments:

Bryanna Lenan said...

What a wonderful idea... and how cute is Miss Kitty!! Love!!
Bryanna

Fete et Fleur said...

What a fun thing to do while drinking coffee! That wind doll has made my heart ache, and your sweet little Kitty is a love bug.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the post on the Globe de Mariee. They are spectacular.

Hugs!
Nancy

LiLi M. said...

I think this is a wonderful idea too! Why not host a similar swap next summer? That Kitty is so sweet, it must be wonderful to be your special person. I can imagine that it takes some time to get used to the silence. Somehow it feels as if that person has taken the drive that puts you to work, or simply enjoy away. It will return, but it takes time. Thinking of you.

rochambeau said...

Dear Louise,
An empty nest. A new life. Happy. Healthy. Going forward. New beginnings. Fun~time with coffee on etsy.

xox
Constance

Chrisy said...

I just loved reading this post...I could feel your delight at finding little treasures...no need to buy...just enjoy...but the little kitty...oh yes...and I know the empty nest feeling...hugs to you...

shibori girl said...

Oh yeah! Etsy is an amazing place for art and craft. I've been selling there for a little over a year and I love browsing the other shops. Such GREAT stuff.

And Christine's dolls at DuBuhDu are phenomenal. Do you read her blog?

Happy shopping...

Kate

shibori girl said...

Oh yeah! Etsy is an amazing place for art and craft. I've been selling there for a little over a year and I love browsing the other shops. Such GREAT stuff.

And Christine's dolls at DuBuhDu are phenomenal. Do you read her blog?

Happy shopping...

Kate

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

Great idea!

Empty nest take a while to fill....but look at all of the cretive time you have now...
Hugs,
Penny

The Victorian Parlor said...

That's a great idea! I love to browse through the Etsy shops for inspiration and to shop:).

You have a lovely blog:).

Blessings,

Kim

adrienne said...

What a good way to keep the creative juices flowing!
Sorry about the empty nest feeling. When I'm down I try to change my routine a little so I focus on new things.

Miss Kitty is very sweet.

Betzie said...

Oh Louise, I am hearing that silence now too...and I would fill my nest again as well IF I COULD!!! To be in my thirties again...I find myself wishing that way too much, I need to be thankful for this time, now.
I love Etsy too, but try not to look too much as I can't resist things!!
Your kitty is so sweet and I know the purse you make will be even sweeter!!! xxoo

FairiesNest said...

Hugs to you for the sweet feature on the kitten girl! My nest will be empty next year and I already am experiencing pangs...and hoping my eldest will get started on some grandkids before too long. :)

rochambeau said...

Can't wait to see your granddaughters party purses Louise! Have fun!!

xox
Constance